Where is Keukenhof Gardens? | Getting to Keukenhof, Location & More
Keukenhof Gardens extend over a whopping 79 acres and is home to 7 million flower bulbs every year. This majestic flower park hosts the world-famous Amsterdam Tulip Festival and remains open only for an eight-week period in the spring season every year. The Keukenhof Tulip Festival 2022 will take place from March 24th, Thursday to May 15th, Sunday. The popular Keukenhof Flower Parade will take place on April 23rd, Saturday. Before you plan your visit, read more about where is Keukenhof Gardens, Keukenhof location, directions, and how to get there.
Where is Keukenhof Gardens?
Getting to Keukenhof Gardens via Public Transport
The easiest way to travel by public transport to the Keukenhof Gardens is to take the Keukenhof Express Bus. The Keukenhof Bus can be accessed through many important train stations in the Netherlands. It is also easy on the pocket and a quick way to get to the Keukenhof Gardens. The nearest station from where you can catch a bus is the Schiphol Airport. Keukenhof Express (Bus No. 858) will take you to the gardens.
Other stations from where you can board the Keukenhof Express Bus:
- Amsterdam RAI Station - Bus No. 852
- Haarlem Station - Bus No. 850
- Haarlem Station - Bus No. 50
- Leiden Station - Bus No. 854
- Noordwijk / Katwijk beach - Bus No. 90
Note: You will encounter long queues at the bus stations during the Tulip Season. It is advisable to reach the station well in advance to avoid any delays.
- Take Metro Line M52 from Amsterdam towards RAI Amsterdam.
- Alight at the Europaplein metro stop.
- Walk to the Keukenhof Express (Bus 852) departure location, and take the bus directly to the gardens.
- You can also take the train from Amsterdam Centraal to Haarlem Station and then switch to the Regional Bus Line 50 to reach the gardens.
- If you do not wish to get into the hassle of traveling via public transport or driving down to the Keukenhof Gardens, the most luxurious option is to go to the gardens by taxi.
- The advantage of traveling via taxi is that you will not have to wait for other travelers as with public transport and you can quickly reach Keukenhof Gardens.
- Taking a taxi is the most expensive way of traveling. A taxi ride from Amsterdam to Keukenhof Gardens can cost around €100 for a one-way journey.
- While taking a taxi, you can even hire a private tour guide/driver who can provide information and interesting facts about the tulips and the Tulip Festival in the Netherlands.
Getting to Keukenhof by Car
- Keukenhof Gardens are located between Amsterdam and The Hague. You can easily reach the gardens via the A4 (exit Nieuw-Vennep) and the A44 (exit 3 Lisse).
- To plan your route use Keukenhof’s address in your navigation: Stationsweg 166A, Lisse.
- Follow the signs that say ‘Keukenhof’.
- A car ride will take you approximately 35 minutes.
- You can also find rental cars for around €45,00 a day, for example, at the Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
- You can easily park your car when you reach Keukenhof Gardens.
- There is a large parking lot located at the entrance of the gardens.
- Parking your car here will cost you €6 a day.
- The parking is free of charge for bicycles and coaches.
- The Keukenhof parking area closes at 7:30 PM.
- During the Tulip Season in 2022, you can reserve your entrance and parking tickets online to avoid waiting in long queues and crowds.
Walk or Cycle to Keukenhof Gardens
- The most pleasant way of traveling to the Keukenhof Gardens is undoubtedly walking or cycling as you get to admire the many flower fields along the way.
- These options are only viable if you're put up in a hotel or a bed and breakfast nearby Keukenhof Gardens. An extra advantage of getting an accommodating close to the gardens is that you can visit the gardens early in the morning when it is not as crowded, allowing for beautiful pictures.
- Keukenhof Gardens are located between the flower fields and are easily accessible by a cycle.
- There are various cycle sheds where you can park your cycle for free.
Keukenhof Tours from Amsterdam
- Visiting Keukenhof Gardens with a guided tour is a great option as you get to save time with a direct bus and money on shared transport.
- Most tours begin at the Amsterdam Centraal Station.
- On a guided tour, you also get to learn all about the painstaking efforts that go into creating the pristine beauty of the gardens.
- You can also extend your trip by visiting nearby attractions like Zaanse Schans, Volendam, Marken, Windmills, and Flower fields without having to worry about planning transport to the other locations.
Best Ways to Get to The Tulip Garden Keukenhof
Budget-friendly: If you want to get around Amsterdam without spending too much money, we recommend walking or cycling around the city. It is a great way to explore the city, as well.
Fastest route: Taking a taxi or driving down is also one of the fastest ways to get to the Tulip garden.
Frequently Asked Questions About Where is Keukenhof Gardens
A. Keukenhof Garden is located located in the South Holland province, south of Haarlem, and southwest of Amsterdam in the Duin- en Bollenstreek which translates to "Dune and Bulb Region". Keukenhof Location: Stationsweg 166A, 2161 AM Lisse, Netherlands.
A. You can use the Keukenhof Bus, trains, rented cars, bicycles, taxis to get to Keukenhof.
A. The most convenient way to reach Keukenhof Gardens is to take the public transport Keukenhof Bus.
A> The most budget-friendly is to take the Keukenhof Bus that is available at several train stations in Amsterdam.
A. The best way to reach Keukenhof Gardens if you want to sightsee tulip fields along the way is to go walking or by cycle.
A. The closest station to Keukenhof is Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
A. You can take any of the following Keukenhof buses -
Amsterdam RAI Station - Bus No. 852
A. Yes, there is a large parking lot located at the entrance of the Keukenhof Gardens. Parking your car here will cost you €6 a day.
A. Keukenhof Gardens are accessible by bus, train, metro, taxi, rented cars and even bicycles.