Tulip Festival Hours | Timings, Best Time to Visit & More
What's The Best Tulip Season in Keukenhof Amsterdam?
- Early spring is a wonderful time to visit Keukenhof Gardens, but there may be a few overcast days.
- If you reach too early on in the season, you may not get to witness the tulips in their full, blooming glory.
- However, you will still get to see other beautiful flowers like crocuses, daffodils, and hyacinths.
- An advantage of visiting in this period is that you will experience fewer crowds.
Mid-April to Mid-May
- This period is the best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens.
- Quite easily the peak of the spring season, the days are bright and sunny and are perfect for enjoying the blooming tulips.
- The combination of the blooming tulips and the shining sun makes for the best pictures.
- This period of the season faces the maximum crowd as this is when international tourists visit the gardens.
What are the Best Flowering Periods in Keukenhof Amsterdam?
While every day of the spring season is beautiful to witness at the Keukenhof Gardens, the flowers here bloom in three different flowering periods, each offering something special.
First Flowering Period
During the initial opening days, the garden will have lots of blooming flowers. You can also witness some great indoor flower shows with blooming tulips on display. In the gardens outside, you will find daffodils and crocuses in bloom during this period.
Second Flowering Period
After the flowering period of the crocuses and daffodils passes, the hyacinths and the early tulips take the center stage and are ready to bloom in the outdoor gardens. The indoor flower shows still take place during this period.
Third Flowering Period
In the third and the final flowering period the showstopper of the season, the eponymous tulips of the Tulip Festival will bloom in their entire glory in the outdoor gardens. The trees will be greener, the sun will be brighter, and the indoor flower shows will still be showcasing beautiful flowers.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Keukenhof Gardens Opening Hours
The Tulip Festival hours at Keukenhof Gardens are from 8 AM to 7:30 PM, daily. In 2023, the Tulip Festival at Keukenhof Gardens is taking place from 23 March to 14 May.
The best time to see tulips in Amsterdam is from mid-April to mid-May. The Tulip Festival hours at Keukenhof Gardens are from 8 AM to 7:30 from 23 March to 14 May.
The Keukenhof Gardens are open till 7:30 PM.
You can find blooming tulips from early March to mid-April. If you want to see the larger tulips blooming in their full glory, you should visit between mid-April and mid-May.
On average, you will need 2 to 4 hours to visit Keukenhof Gardens.
The best time to visit Keukenhof is before 10:30 AM and after 4:00 PM you can experience the gardens in a relatively quieter and less crowded atmosphere. Keukenhof Gardens are only open for eight weeks from 23 March to 14 May, 2023.
Keukenhof Gardens are only open for eight weeks in spring from 23 March to 14 May in 2023.
The peak season for Keukenhof Gardens is spring. Keukenhof is only open for eight short weeks during the year.
Keukenhof Gardens are only open for eight weeks in spring. The gardens remain closed for the rest of the year.
Yes, the gardens are open all days of the week from 23 March to 14 May.
No, Keukenhof Gardens close at 7:30 PM.